We salute all veterans and their surviving spouses.
Allow us to reciprocate the goodness you have done for our country by taking care of your personal needs. We offer home care services that are specifically made to meet your unique health and personal care requirements.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Light Housekeeping
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Accompanying You to Your Appointment or Activities
Are you over age 65 and a Veteran or Surviving Spouse of a Veteran?
Your fathers, mothers, and friends may be eligible for a unique benefit via the Veterans Administration (VA) called “Aid and Attendance.” The benefit can provide up to $2,100 per month to Veterans and their spouses who need non-medical care/assistance to help them with activities of daily living in their home or chosen place of residence. There are currently over 10 million Veterans and their surviving spouses who are believed could qualify for this benefit and only 5% of them are currently taking advantage of it.
This benefit requires that the Veteran or surviving spouse comply with the following:
- They are over age 65.
- They are a Veteran, a spouse of a living Veteran, or a surviving spouse of a Veteran.
- The Veteran served as “Active Military” status for 90 days during an approved time of war: WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War.
- The Veteran had an honorable discharge.
- The Veteran or surviving spouse meets income requirements.
- The Veteran, spouse of a living Veteran, or surviving spouse of a Veteran needs assistance with bathing, grooming, meal preparation, etc. on a regular basis in order to stay independent in their home or chosen place of residence.
Reasons why you should consider Harborside HomeCare for care using the VA Aid & Attendance Benefit:
- We help Veterans and their Spouses successfully apply for a VA Pension Benefit and have a very good chance of getting approved – without ever having to leave their home to do so. Our clients don’t even have to visit their doctor 99% of the time – we work remote with their doctor to get them to complete all the required paperwork and as long as the client has seen their doctor in the recent past – they don’t need to go in for another exam. If they do need to go in then we ensure the paperwork is done right the first time so they get credit for their ailments and diagnosis correctly – and don’t end up getting denied the benefit because the paperwork was not filled out correctly or without sufficient detail to earn them a “medical rating” from the VA.
- We have never had an application denied or approved for less than what we expected. Our applications get approved in 3-5 months on average – not a year-long process and a 35% chance of approval for full benefit like other programs.
- We have an interest free loan so that clients don’t need to spend money out of their own pocket during the benefit approval process.
- We charge fair market rates for care services.
- We help clients maintain their benefit by tracking their healthcare expenses, income, assets, etc. ongoing to ensure they don’t fall out of compliance and owe much/all of the money back to the VA.